Wind Druid build (or Ele) uses the physical and cold spells of the Elemental skill tree. These skills such as Hurricane and Tornado synergize with each other. Instead of wasting points on another element, this builds focuses on two different types of spells that boost each other. As a result, the Wind druid has powerful cold and physical attacks. This is very helpful for dealing with immunitets in higher difficulties.
Wind Druid Build Skills
The Wind Druid invests 20 points in the skills below:
- Arctic Blast: It serves only as a prerequisite, so spend a single point here.
- Cyclone Armor: This barrier is a very helpful skill for defensive purposes. It provides and also receives synergy bonuses from the other primary skills of the build. Thus, it’s better to max out this skill.
- Twister: Despite its decent damage, this skill has the ability to stun enemies as well. It requires some practices to target perfectly though. Since it boosts the other build’s main skills, you should max out twister as well.
- Tornado: This is the skill you will spam most of the time. Its damage type is physical, so there are fewer monsters immune to it. It synergies with the other main skills, so max out this skill too.
- Hurricane: It’s your main cold attack. There are some enemies immune to it but still is a very powerful skill.
If you want to keep enemies at a safe distance, you can diversify a bit and add a few summoning skills to your arsenal, especially with items with +skills bonus. Some options are:
- Oak Sage for the life boost. Many players choose to spend their remaining points here.
- Heart of Wolverine: it’s a useful choice in the case you want to boost your party’s attack rating.
- Ravens: They can blind enemies and serve also as a prerequisite for the greater summons.
- Wolvesand Grizzly: If you place a single point in these in combination with +skills items, they can become quite useful for distracting enemies and protecting you.
- The Carrion Vine and Solar Creeper aren’t very effective for replenishing mana and health. However, you can use them to clean up corpses in areas where they pose a threat. For instance, the Horadric Ancients can’t raise Bone Fetishes if there aren’t any corpses.
Windy Druid Equipment
- Spirit Runeword: Faster Cast Rate, +2 all skills.
- Heart of the Oak: Bonus mana, +3 Skills, Faster Cast Rate, Resistances.
- Earthshaker: +3 to elemental skills.
- Earth Shifter(socketed with Hel Runes or -15% requirement jewels): It provides a massive +7 boost to your Elemental skills, but it has a very high Strength requirement.
- Switch: Call to Arms Runeword
- Sigon’s Guard: +1 to all skills.
- Lidless Wall: Faster Cast Rate, +1 to all skills.
- Spirit Runeword: Faster Cast Rate, +2 to all skills.
- Ravenlore: The best unique Helm for Elemental druids.
- An amulet with +3 to Elemental Skills.
Wind Druid Build Stats
Strength: Invest points in this attribute until you can equip your endgame items.
Dexterity: Spend points here so you can equip your best gear.
Vitality: Invest your remaining points in your life pool.
Energy: After you reach 50 level, you shouldn’t face any mana problems. Thus, avoid wasting points here. At the earlier stages of the game, you will need items that grant mana points per kill and items that leach or regenerate your mana points. In addition, you can use perfect sapphires in your Armor and Helm.